• Portfolio (Scribd.com):
  • Project Corrections / Time spent:
  • Project 1, Flier: Better aligned the text using guidelines. Played with the layout, moving the date/time/place to the same column as the other info. Made the logo smaller and moved it to the top right corner. (.5 hours)
  • Project 2, event ad: Brightened the white for the text so that it popped more rather than being a dull off white color selected from the mountain. Made “charity 5k” bold and a little bit bigger since it is my main point. (20 minutes)
  • Project 3, photo design: Edited the picture a little more, made it a little more vibrant and edited out a few distracting blemishes in the sidewalk area. Make the phone number bold so that it would be more easily noticeable. (.5 hours)
  • Project 4, Montage: Played around a little more with the mask, made the texture at the top of the image a little more subtle by laying off a little bit on the opacity made the texture a little less apparent on the image of the family as well.  (.5 hours)
  • Project 5, logos: Was actually very fond of this one. The only thing I had to fix was I had a random off white box at the side of my logo that I had forgotten to delete so I got rid of that and just straightened up the logos placement a little bit using guides to make it look more presentable. (15 minutes)
  • Project 6, letterhead and business card: Changed the letterhead to include the entire logo rather than just the pieces and then arranged it horizontally. (15 minutes)
  • Project 7, web page: Made the background image a little bit bigger so that it didn’t get cut off in the view as often. Then I just spent some time cleaning up my coding, even though it was looking correct, the coding had some errors that I knew I should fix. (45 minutes)
  • Project 8, Brochure: Thought that it was well done, all I did was edit the pictures I took to display my brochure so that they would look a little more presentable. (15 minutes)
  • Total time spent: 3 hours and 5 minutes.
  • Message: My message is that I am a quality candidate to be hired.
  • Audience: Any potential employers.
  • Top Thing Learned: The top thing I learned is to always runs a spell check, no matter how confident you are that you didn’t make any errors.
  • Future application of Visual Media: For future application, I will be able to use this same template and continue adding and replacing projects with better and more updated work so that I will always have a portfolio handy.
  • Color scheme and color names: Analogous, from the outer ring of brick, orange, and gold
  • Title Font Name & Category: Alexandria FLF, an old-style font.
  • Copy Font Name & Category: Alexandria FLF, an old-style font.
  • Thumbnails of Images used:
  • FlierLogosMontageP7AlyssaDyckScreenshotPhotoDesignMore_ImagesInsideOutsideP6AlyssaDyck2P6AlyssaDyck
  • Sources (Links to images on original websites / with title of site): Not applicable.
Advertisements

3 thoughts on “Project 9: Portfolio

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s