- Description: A full color Event Ad to promote doing a charity 5k to raise money for our National Parks.
- Process (Programs, Tools, Skills, FOCUS principles): First I brainstormed ideas for which type of event I should do. After I decided, I located a picture of mine to use for the project. Next, I made sketches of different possible design layouts. When I chose a design layout, I started putting it together into word. After finalizing my rough draft and having it critiqued, I adjusted it to the final product.
- Message: I am promoting a Charity 5k to raise money for our National Park Organizations. The message I am trying to get across is that this is a fun event for a good cause.
- Audience: People of the community, and more specifically, nature lovers.
- Color scheme and color names: The color scheme I used was complementary. I used the colors burnt orange and navy blue.
- Top Thing Learned: The top thing I learned is that knowing what information to include in your Ad is just as important as the design, because if you forget to put certain information in there, the design is pointless.
- Title Font Name & Category: I used the san serif font called “Lantinghei TC Extralight
- Copy Font Name & Category: I used the san serif font called “Lantinghei TC Extralight,” for the copy font as well.
- Scanned images used, sources, original sizes, location of scanner used: The image used in this design is a beautiful picture taken of the mountains in Grand Teton National Park. This photo is one of my own personal photos that was located on my computer, so first I had it printed in high quality at Walmart. It was originally printed as an 8×10 photo. I then took this photo to the mac lab at BYU-Idaho to scan it and use it in my design.